Here are a few options for your accomodation. As Campus Griebnitzsee is located right between Berlin and Potsdam, and convenient to reach via local train from both cities, you can live here or there! Being patriotic, though, we mention just a few Potsdam hotels below. Notice that during COMMA time there is a large fair going on in Berlin, so it is advisable to book hotel rooms early (also in Potsdam). Those marked with a (*) have special pricing arrangements with us; please mention "Universität Potsdam" when making your reservation.
- Hotel Ambassador is a small hotel in Potsdam Babelsberg, close to the conf venue. Lessingstr. 35, 14482 Potsdam
- Not very far from the conf venue is Filmpark Babelsberg (known to the movie buffs). And there is Filmhotel Babelsberg, Großbeerenstr. 75, 14482 Potsdam
- Also close to Filmpark, a smaller place: Pension am Filmpark, Großbeerenstr. 235, 14482 Potsdam A bigger place, in walking distance to the conf venue: Hotel am Griebnitzsee (*), Rudolf-Breitscheid-Straße 190, 14482 Potsdam
- Some of the hotels in Potsdam city: Mercure (*), Steigenberger (*), Hotel am Luisenplatz
- Budget accommodation at the Youth Hostel: Jugendherberge Potsdam, Schulstraße 9, 14482 Potsdam. Phone: +49 331 / 5813-100. Email: email@example.com
Alternatively, for more information and online booking, you can visit the official tourism websites:
Potsdam is a city located within the broader Berlin/Brandenburg Metropolitan Region. Therefore, the best option for the majority of attendants will be to travel to Berlin and then use one of the several local transportation options to reach Potsdam.
The area is serviced by two airports: Tegel (TXL) and Schönefeld (SXF). The common website for both is berlin-airport.de. As an alternative to flying, the main train station in Berlin (Berlin Hbf) has connections with several major cities in Germany and Europe; you can plan your route and buy tickets at the Deutsche Bahn website.