Workshop on Exhaustivity Effects in Cleft Sentences
12 June 2015, Universität Göttingen, Website.
Main Venue: Courant Research Centre "Text Structures", Nikolausberger Weg 23.
A small workshop on exhaustivity effects in cleft sentences organized by Edgar Onea and Swantje Tönnis. Emilie Destruel Johnson (University of Iowa), Malte Zimmermann and his PhD Joseph P. DeVeaugh-Geiss (Universität Potsdam), and Daniele Panizza (Universität Göttingen) will be guests.
Friday, 12 June
- 09:00-11:00 --- Open Discussion
- 11:00-12:30 --- Emilie Destruel Johnson: "Processing exhaustivity in English clefts"
- 12:30-13:30 --- lunch break
- 13:30-15:00 --- Joseph P. DeVeaugh-Geiss: "It-Cleft Exhaustivity: Empirical Investigations"
- 15:15-16:45 --- Daniele Panizza: "When pragmatics helps syntax: an eye-tracking study on scope ambiguity resolution in 4- to 5-year-old children"